Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009

idea Can i make small picture big without loosing its quality

Hey Guys,

I would like to know that how do i make small picture big without loosing its quality. Is it possible for me to do so? Or is there any particular software or program which allows me to do so? Does any body have any idea about it. Kindly suggest me your views on the above issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2009

Re: Can i make small picture big without loosing its quality

Your best bet would be to look for a higher resolution version of the image. I don't know of any programs that could increase the size of an image without causing quality loss.
Old 03-04-2009

Photosize website is a web based program allowing you to resize your photo online. This online application enable you to resize your photo by browsing same on your computer and re-dimension according to the width you specified.
Old 03-04-2009

This tip will only work with Photoshop CS and CS2. If you don't have a CS version yet I recommend you try and get one as soon as you can, because they are full of powerful new features. For earlier versions of Photoshop there's a workaround at the end of this tip.

When you want to reduce an image go to the Image--> Image Size menu. Click on Resample Image and choose Bicubic Sharper from the drop-down menu. This is the best setting for making sure that an image doesn't blur. The example photo of the flower started at 2,000 pixels across. I stepped it down to 250, and then again to 125 with almost no loss of sharpness. For enlarging an image select Bicubic Smoother.

All you need to do is go to Preferences--> General and you'll see Image Interpolation and there you can pick Bicubic Sharper from the choices.

Another thing to keep in mind when resizing is to try to do it only once on an image. Many people will resize repeatedly as they search for the perfect fit for a design element, and then end up with an image with a lot of blur. It's always better to experiment on a duplicate of the image. Then, when you've settled on the final dimensions, you can go back to the original and resize it just once.
Old 03-04-2009

Well as per my experience, If you are resizing the image to small size then the quality would be fine, but if you are increasing the size then the quality must go.The only way to maintain the quality is a big image with high resolution..

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , ,