Thread: Can a Desktop Use a Disproportionate Amount of Bandwidth ?

Can a Desktop Use a Disproportionate Amount of Bandwidth ?

Just presently, one of my friends has owed a desktop computer delivered and the time from when the internet has arrived in his house , it has seemed to be more sluggish and slow and also stability has reduced than it used to be. I would like to query whether it is possible for the desktop to acquire a disproportionate amount of bandwidth because of its size? Do reply people. It is indeed very irritating. Thanks in advance for the help.

re: Can a Desktop Use a Disproportionate Amount of Bandwidth ?

Hello buddy. I am fine. I would like to notify you that it depends on what is doing on the computer..In any case if he’s making use of P2P then no problem, it’s probable for the PC to suck up the complete router's bandwidth. In case, its presently wide-ranging convention is for browsing, online gaming, streaming non-HD content then it ought to be fine. I have shared my knowledge with you, how much I knew, I hope this helps you. Take Care.

Just keep in mind that an application approximating P2P does not immediately deliberate the house Internet by consuming up the bandwidth, it can furthermore overload the router with a great deal of tracking information that supplementary users get a considerably concentrated service. The test is to separate the desktop cable and reboot the router and distinguish whether the Internet goes back to standard. If it accomplished then he requires to transform his behavior.

If it is P2P that he is using, there is a explanation to this if he does not not have a issue with it. Tell him to install a program known as Netlimiter and choose program that he uses which are excessively sucking up the bandwidth plus boundary them to sensible speeds similar to 300kbps or else somewhat. It should not be a difficulty because it’s unbelievably light weight and starts up in the tray icons. According to melon PC I directed to play the majority games on a Mobile Internet 3G connection.

Hi mate. I will share my experience with you. Gaming will do the equivalent as P2P, in my residence I contain people gaming on ps3's and xboxes each and every day. It continuously downloads and also uploads just reminiscent of P2P and then virgin clamp us. My recommendation will be to endeavor and get him to game for one hour on 30 minutes off otherwise somewhat to keep away from pressing together or we can say throttling. Thank You.

I doubt its sky throttling, we have the sky unrestricted package in the residence consequently no download boundaries forced, the mere thing I could speculate is that the online gaming is conceivably the question although ,it appears a little improbable to me in view of the fact that he does not do it every time. It has come to my hearing that if he is closer to the router ,which he is, then it can be a feature is making wireless signal weaker?

Re: Can a Desktop Use a Disproportionate Amount of Bandwidth ?

If rebooting the router solves the difficulty provisionally, and it stays nice if you have powered his desktop down, after that the router must be getting stuffed by whatsoever traffic outline his desktop's having presence on it. In case the Internet appears back just as faulty then it's a predicament with the ISP association which may be a throttled correlation, imperfect wiring, and rain in the box down the street. Setting up things depends on the reboot test consequence.