| || |
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Disable Unnecessary services in Vista
Its simple. Just follow this steps:-
- Click on the Start menu and type services in the search box
- When you see Services appear in the programs list, press Enter (or click on it if itís not the top entry in the list)
- If you have UAC active, youíll need to approve elevated rights. Youíll then see the Services window open, which lists all installed services.
- Generally you donít need to worry about the services with Manual startup types as they are only started when they are needed (only disable if you prefer that service not run even if it is needed). Donít just start disabling services without knowing what they do! Youíll probably end up with serious problems. Double-click the name of the service you wish to disable and youíll get a Properties window for the service.
- If the service is currently started, youíll probably want to stop it. Again, be sure this is a service you donít need! If you stop a service, not only is it not available, but other services that depend on it will be unavailable as well. To stop the service, simply click the Stop button.
- Click on the Startup Type menu (in this case it currently says Automatic) and choose Disable.
- Click Apply or OK and the service is disabled.