Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disabling Add/Remove Programs Access

Customize Desktop

Old 26-03-2009

Disabling Add/Remove Programs Access

Hello. I am a vista user. At my home many of my friends use my pc and do some thing wrong with machine which i dont want, like sometimes they get into Add/Remove and uninstall some of my application which was useful for but they dont know any thing abt that app. So is there any way i can restrict them accessing Control panel or Atleast Add/Remove program ?

Old 26-03-2009

Re: Disabling Add/Remove Programs Access

In your case you definitely need to restrict Add/Remove programe. To do so just go through this steps:-
  1. Start Registry Editor (Start > Run > “regedit”)

2. Disable Current User: In the left panel, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall

3. Disable All Users: In the left panel, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninstall

4. Create a new DWORD value named NoAddRemovePrograms

5. Set the value to 1 to disable Add/Remove Programs

6. Set the value to 0 to re-enable Add/Remove Programs
Old 26-03-2009

if you want to get the access back, change the value data to 0 or delete the added value. The changes take effect after a restart or logoff.
Old 26-03-2009

Thanks for the help friend,, i was really in need of that. I'll try to solve my problem with this trick and get back to you..

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: ,