Thread: How to remove programs not listed in Add/Remove

How to remove programs not listed in Add/Remove

Hello friends.. i am using Windows XP and i need a help from you all. I want to remove a program from my PC but after installing that program on my computer, the program is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. How can i delete it now ? Please help..

Re: How to remove programs not listed in Add/Remove

This problem can occur if the program you installed creates a registry key name that is longer than 60 characters in length. Add/Remove Programs only lists program names it locates up to the point it encounters this situation.Well you just try this steps:-

• Go to C:\Windows\Inf folder. In the right pane, scroll down to sysoc.inf. Open it with notepad. It will look likeā€¦

PHP Code:
      [Components]
      NtComponents=ntoc.dll,NtOcSetupProc,,4
      Pinball
      =ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,
    • The word "HIDE" in an entry hides that application from your Add/Remove Programs dialog box. To add Pinball to the Add/Remove menu, delete the word HIDE from its entry. Leave the commas that surround it.

• Save the file. Check for the new entries in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box after you restart your computer.

Hope it will work..

you can go through this method in case the programs are not in sysoc.inf file:-

1. Right click the Program's shortcut/ Properties to gain the target path where the application folder is located. Delete the folder.

2. Go to Start/Run/Msconfig/Startup and make sure it is not listed or checked there. If so, uncheck it.

3. Remove the program listing from registry by going here…
    • Start/Run/Regedit

• For items that were in the Start menu, Programs, Startup folder:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder. You'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

• For items loaded from the Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg. Again, you'll find a subkey for each disabled item.
      Again while in Regedit, navigate to this key:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications. If the program is listed, right click, delete.

4. Go to Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types. If the program file type is listed, either use Change or Delete.

Thats it...

Use the Uninstall Command Displayed in the Registry:-

1. Use Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) to view the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

2. Double-click the UninstallString registry value, copy the contents of the Value Data box by selecting the contents and pressing CTRL+C, and then quit Registry Editor.

3. Click Start, click Run, press CTRL+V to paste the uninstall command, and then click OK.