Thread: Make your own cell phone theme

Make your own cell phone theme

Hi.. As every body knows , we need some themes to make our mobile screen look good. But we need to download themes on line from internet sites. Is there any application or any way to make them right away at our system rather going online on internet. If yes please let me know. I am using nokia series 60 mobile phone.

Re: Make your own cell phone theme

Yes, it is possible now to make theme right on your desktop without going online on internet. Nokia has made an application for the Nokia Series 60 theme, and is known as Carbide.ui 3.4 Theme Edition .Carbide.ui Theme Edition allows for the creation of themes for S60 and Series 40 devices. Carbide.ui provides access to the more than 1,000 customizable theme elements in the S60 UI, which makes the S60 UI the most customizable UI available. Carbide.ui is designed for professionals and hobbyists alike.

First you need to download Carbide.ui 3.4 Theme Edition , after downloading the 136MB installer file, install it on your computer. After that click the “Carbide.ui S60 Theme Edition” from your program files. At first use it will ask for the directory where you want to save your work.

You may put any directory for the workspace. After that it will open the Carbide welcome screen where you can choose tasks like “Create Theme” or open an existing theme.

Choose “Create Theme”, it will open a dialog window that will ask for the name of the theme.

Rename your theme and click finish.

After clicking “Finish” the theme editor will appear, now just follow the steps and changes you want to be made in the theme.

To put the theme file on your phone just send the theme to your phone via Bluetooth. Open the file in your phone’s inbox and just install it like an ordinary application. If you don’t have Bluetooth, you can put the file in your memory card using a memory card reader.

Minimum system requirements for Carbide.ui Theme Edition...

• Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3; Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3; or any version of Microsoft Windows Vista.

• 512 MB of RAM (1 GB of RAM is recommended).

• 430 MB of free disk space.

• 1.5-GHz processor (a 2.8-GHz processor is recommended).

• A display supporting 16-bit color (24-bit color support recommended) at 1280 x 1024 pixels.

• A sound card is recommended.

This looks like a great program for editing/making themes for mobiles.. And this program doesn't need to be cracked. Just register for free at Nokia's site