Thread: Font & font size changed for menu box!!

Font & font size changed for menu box!!

hi to all...im just new here and i have a big problem that i cannot solve with my vista home premium...problem is the menu body of the run window is now different..different that the font is bold and font also changed...it also does this with windows mail accounts menu box please help me...i tried the DPI Settings, appearance, system font and still the same...please kindly help me...i will post an image of what it looks like...thanks much
    Last edited by Yogesh; 13-03-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Please upload pics through the Manage Attachments options

Yogesh Guest

Re: Font & font size changed for menu box!!

Please note:
    Thread moved from Guides & Tutorials to Customize Desktop.

Title edited suitably. Always give proper short title that best describes your thread.

Double post. 1 duplicate post deleted.

It could be because the default settings enabled by the manufacturer have font smoothing disabled. To make sure that ClearType is enabled, you'll need to open the classic Appearance Settings dialog. Right click on the desktop and choose Personalize. Then click on Window Color and Appearance. If you have Aero enabled, you will have to click on "Open classic appearance properties for more color options". Click on the "Effects" button and make sure that your computer has the checkbox for font smoothing enabled.

Hello , You Can try Creating custom DPI scale

1. Open Personalization by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Personalization.

2. In the left pane, click Adjust font size (DPI). If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. In the DPI Scaling dialog box, click Custom DPI.

4. Customize the size of the text that displays

5. In the Scale to this percentage of normal size list, enter the percentage you want, and then click OK.

To see the changes, close all of your programs, and then restart Windows.

still the same...i did system restore still no go..fonts still the same..i cant help it anymore...so im thinking next is to reformat my vista laptop..can is ask something...i partitioned my hard drive and i saved back up files...will i lost the partitioned drive if i reformat my laptop? its a vista home premium sp1...thanks

If you reformat your laptop, you will not loose the partitions that you have already created. Partitions will be lost only if you delete the partitions while formatting. But without deleting partition, you can format every partition or the required one. However, you will lose data on the partition which you are going to format. So take backup of the data on those partitions which you will be formatting.