Thread: Add power/battery toolbar on taskbar

idea Add power/battery toolbar on taskbar

Hello Friends,

Recently my power management "toolbar" (the little picture of the battery and power plug) was inadvertently closed. I tried to open it by going in to Control Panel, but can't open it. So, i would like to know that how do i add power/battery toolbar on task bar. Does any one have any idea about it? Kindly suggest me your views on it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Add power/battery toolbar on taskbar

Follow the below steps mention:-

Go on Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Open Power Options. Click on Advanced tab, under options enable 'Always show icon on taskbar'. Click OK and close.

Hope so it may help you out.

Taskbar status application BatteryBar adds a battery life meter to the Windows taskbar with detailed battery life information and eye candy in a mouseover dialog. Once installed, activating BatteryBar is as simple as right-clicking on the taskbar and choosing Toolbars -> BatteryBar from the menu. The meter button changes from blue to green when you are on battery power, and clicking on the meter button switches the display between actual time remaining or a percentage view.

The percentage meter is calculated using a statistical prediction that keeps a history of how quickly your battery usually drains to more accurately predict battery life, so the time remaining may seem a little odd at first. BatteryBar is a free download for Windows only. If you would rather put your battery meter on your desktop,

You can add it to the Quick Launch toolbar. Here's how:

1. If your Quick Launch toolbar is already visible, skip ahead to step 3. If not, right-click an open area of the taskbar and choose Toolbars, Quick Launch.

2. Again, right-click an open area of the taskbar and clear the checkmark from Lock the Taskbar. Now you've got a "handle" you can drag to the right to create more space for Quick Launch.

3. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories. Now drag the Windows Explorer icon from the Start menu to the Quick Launch toolbar and drop it there.

That's it! Now a single click of the Explorer icon launches the program. If you want to change its icon (I don't like Vista's default choice), right-click it, click Properties, Change Icon, and make your selection.

1. On the taskbar, tap the Start button, and then tap Control Panel.

2. Tap Performance and Maintenance, and then tap Power Options.

3. Tap the Power Meter tab.

4. Total battery power remaining is shown under Power status.

Note: On the Advanced tab you can select the Always show icon on the taskbar check box if you want to see a power status icon in the notification area at all times. Use a right-click equivalent on the power status icon to open the Power Meter.

You can set Power Options to warn you when the level of battery power falls below the levels you have defined as low and critical. You can change the battery level at which the alarm or message is activated.