Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Documents entry in Start Menu broken

Customize Desktop

Old 10-03-2009

Documents entry in Start Menu broken

hi,
i recently install windows 7 beta,"Documents" entry on the start menu is disabled,when i clicked on "Apply" in the "Documents Properties" window in folder and it froze nothing happen,"The properties for this item are not available." What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Old 10-03-2009

Re: Documents entry in Start Menu broken

I use TweakUI wich has a setting to either hide or show the DOCUMENTS in the Start up menu. Unless someone can show you the Registry entry to that so you can edit it. I would recomend you download TweakUI and see if it helps your situation.
Old 10-03-2009

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories and right-click
on the Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator".
Type in: SFC /SCANNOW and press your Enter key.If that does not work, try repairing your system.
Old 10-03-2009

hi,
To display the My Recent Documents folder on the Start menu: Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.
Click Customize.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Recent documents, click to select the List my most recently opened documents check box, click OK, and then click OK. The next time you click Start, the My Recent Documents command is displayed on the Start menu.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,