Thread: Icon bug on Vista Inspirat 2.1.0 Pack

Icon bug on Vista Inspirat 2.1.0 Pack

Hi,

I have Vista Inspirat 2.1.0 install on my PC. As you all know, it has really good icons that I can not complain. I really love it. But I do not know why, it keeps switching back to the default window icons, which looks ugly against the whole theme. Not all icon switches back, only some of them. Sometimes i see the red one got resetted, while the blue one stayed. Additionally, to prove that my inspirat skin is active, the start bar icon is there Ah yes, my OS is of course XP Professional Service Pack 3 I am thinking that might be causing the problem. If so, is there a new development of Inspirat ? please provide the link to download it thanks in advance for your suggestion to oslve my problem

Re: Icon bug on Vista Inspirat 2.1.0 Pack

Hello, Normally this problem Occur due to updating of windows When windows is updated,Most the Files that are patched by Inspirat pack are replaced by original ones. just open vista-inspirat config form start menu and click refresh icons. unfortunately, no further versions of inspirat are planned I guess.

Maybe You Could try the Vista Transformation pack I pretty sure you must know and have seen Windows Vista before. It looks really nice for major GUI updates. Many people who have seen it wish to get Vista-style looks for their operating system. It might sounds stupid to say this since you all know what it is but just bear it Vista Transformation Pack will transform your Windows user interface to ultimate Windows Vista alike looks that everyone will never notice it's the same old Windows XP (or 2003).Vista Transformation Pack gives to your Windows XP system the fresh and cool look of Microsoft's new operating system: Windows Vista. The pack changes most of the system icons, skins and toolbars and also adds new enhancements to your desktop.You sure will be surprised if you hear this. From now on you can update Vista Transformation Pack without uninstalling and you can even integrate Vista Transformation Pack into Windows setup files. (Still experimental, though but most of them are fine enough to be implemented).

Here are some key features of "Vista Transformation Pack":

• · Boot screen
    • · Welcome Screen / Logon Screen
    • · New msstyles files (visual styles)
    • · New desktop and file icons
    • · New toolbar icons
    • · Progress Dialogs
    • · Sounds scheme
    • · System Tray icons
    • · New Wallpapers
    • · Windows Media Player Skins

Download from Here

Hello, You Could Try Reinstalling the Inspirat pack maybe it solve your problem Good luck

I have also the same issue with you. My Operating System is XP Service Pack 3 and having a Vista Inspirat installed also. I tried reinstalling the Inspirat pack but I still have the same problem.
    Last edited by abhishek; 05-03-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Link Removed