Thread: Add "Move To" & "Copy To" in Windows 7 and Windows Vista Right Click menu

Add "Move To" & "Copy To" in Windows 7 and Windows Vista Right Click menu

To add the orders “To move towards a file” and “To copy towards a file” in the contextual menu by click-right, under Windows 7 or Vista, it is necessary to create a key for each order in Register base.

1) To create the key Move To:

Copy The following and save as Move to.reg and double-click on the registry file,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

From now on in the contextual menu, " Move To" will appear (To move towards a file).

2) To create key Copy To:

Copy The following and save as Copy to.reg and double-click on the registry file,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

From now on in the contextual menu, " Copy To" will appear (To move towards a file).

Re: Add "Move To" & "Copy To" in Windows 7 and Windows Vista Right Click menu

I'm using vista and it works perfectly. Thanks for informative article.

Copy To and Move To are so important in my work that. Thank you very much. Vista is definitely the Bimbo Operating System. It looks pretty, but it flounders over a hundred problems, some big and some small.

I've always wanted a Move To, but what really would be the difference in Copy To and Send To? Aren't they really the same thing? I think they are same thing.

Although similar in many respects, Send To allows you to direct the file to different "things" (i.e., folders or apps), which you or MS have defined in advance. Copy To is restricted to copying, albeit very conveniently, a file from one location to another, but you don't have to enumerate all of the destinations in advance. You merely navigate to the destination using a familiar dialog box.