Thread: Increase in logo size

Increase in logo size

I made yesterday a logo for a project I have in hand. The problem is that only after the work is finished that I remembered to ask a friend of mine to do as much to stretch an image without the blur (eg: to put in posters). He told me that had to be done in Adobe Illustrator, but its beyond me to understand this program, I have the logo and I will not be ready to do it again. So my question is if there is another way to go to .psd to .ai (I experimented the File » Export » Paths to Illustrator and has no success). Is there any alternative to photoshop.

Re: Increase in logo size

Creating the logo in Illustrator allows any size to be increased because instead of an image it increases with pixels, not vectors. This can be done in photoshop with the pen tool.

Whereas the logo in Photoshop with pixels you can not increase without losing quality. Max could use a program such as CorelDraw or other that permits to do a "trace" to move to vectors and pixels, but not always get the best quality.

But usually not lose so much time to redraw a logo in vector drawing.

I hope I have helped, regards.

The Illustrator is very similar to Photoshop. With some effort you can redo the logo in Illustrator, or any other vector tool, as already mentioned aqi, Corel Draw, or FreeHand.

Well, in Illustrator you have the live trace but certainly you will lose quality.
    You can try again with Illustrator or Corel Draw. Or else, no need of another program, you can do in photoshop vector.

Saying that you can use a vector logo in photosgop is to say that you can cut the grass of garden with a Swiss army knife: it is possible, but beyond that it takes much more time and is also not good as using a tool itself. Get in Illustrator. Besides easier (everything that is created there is vector) the possibilities are much wider.

After making the path in Photoshop, you can export in Ai (vector) by File menu > Export > Paths TO ILLUSTRATOR.

However fully agree to what Gusgr8 said. There are specialized programs that do the job better and faster. Because an unravel with the pen tool in photoshop, it will certainly any other program.