Thread: How can I activate Quick launch bar

How can I activate Quick launch bar

There are many files and softwares which i use many times but i don't like to keep them on desktop. So i want to know how i can activate the Quick Launch bar ?

Re: How can i activate Quick launch bar

The XP start menu isn't always the most optimum and pleasant way to start an application. Most times you have to click or do a mouse over three times before you can access your favorite software which is not pinned to the start menu. Of course you can use shortcuts on the desktop, but a clean desktop sounds better. To make live more easy, you can use the Quick Launch toolbar.

By default the Quick Launch toolbar is disabled.
    You can enable this toolbar by right clicking somewhere on the blue menu bar, select Toolbars and click on the Quick Launch toolbar.

Now you will see the Quick Launch toolbar just next to Start menu with a double arrow to the right. By dragging shortcuts to the Quick Launch toolbar you can compose your own quick start menu. You can also delete shortcuts by right clicking on them.

Instead of using the Start Menu, you can now click the double arrow, and the new menu appears, one click less...... This way you can make each application within reach!

Quick Launch is a part of that bar holds small icons that you can use to quickly access your favourite programs. Most of the time this little friend is either over-utilized and is full of icons for things you never actually click on (such as QuickTime or RealPlayer) or it is under-utilized on not even active on your bar.

Activating Quick Launchis very simple.
    To activate your Quick Launch bar, just right-click on the task bar and select Toolbars, then click on Quick Launch. Thats it.

To add programs to it, just drag them from the spot where you normally get to them onto the Quick Launch bar.

You may also see in your Quick Launch a blue square icon. This is a great tool, it will instantly minimize all the programs you have open. Great for all you power multi-taskers

To activate the Quick Launch bar:-

1. Right-click on the taskbar

2. Select Toolbars

3. Click Quick Launch.

Add shortcuts to the Quick Launch bar by dragging and dropping them onto the bar. Rearrange the order of icons by dragging them with the left mouse button into the spot where you want them.

The Quick Launch bar is a handy feature that gives you access to shortcuts without having to see the desktop or navigate the Start menu.