Thread: I can't see my Task Bar

I can't see my Task Bar

I am not able to see my task bar, it got disappeared some where. And i am facing some problem in working.
    how can i get it back ? Please help.

Re: I can't see my Task Bar

Hi,
    This is the most commonly asked question by new users of Windows 98

If u take your mouse near the bottom of the screen, it should either show the taskbar or the cursor should change into an icon that suggests you can enlarge it. If neither of this happens then what you can do is, next time you logon and it appears for some time, then just right click on it, select Lock Taskbar OR select properties and then select Lock Taskbar. Also try selecting Always Keep Taskbar on top of all Windows.

Or theres one more way i can make you do

Try launching task manager (Alt-Ctrl-Del) and go to the Processes tab.sort by name and find:

explorer.exe

This is the GUI shell for the windows OS. Terminate this process.
    Your taskbar will completely disappear but don't worry! Task Manager will still be open - now go to the Applications tab.At the bottom, click 'New Task' and type:

explorer.exe

and click OK.The will relaunch explorer and hopefully the issue should be resolved.

Try this too.

Sometimes the taskbar slips out of sight below the bottom of your screen.
    You can bring it back by using your mouse, trying to place the up arrow at the bottom and 'catch' the taskbar, and drag it back where it belongs.

Also, check your settings in Start, Settings, Taskbar and Start Menu.

Mr. Anand,
    This can be the cause of some minor settings of your system.

Set your Taskbar to the way you like it, and then lock it down. To get started, we need to get into the Start Menu and Taskbar Properties options menu. To do so, right-click on any open part (darker blue) of the Taskbar and select Properties.

Now you will see the options we can ‘tweak’. Please note that I have the top one, “Lock the taskbar”, selected. You want to uncheck this while you make your changes, and then when you have everything set to your liking, lock it again. While we’re here, make sure “Auto-hide” is deselected, and the taskbar is unlocked.

By selecting and deselecting the check boxes you tell Windows how you want the taskbar to behave.

Somehow, the “Auto-hide the taskbar” feature has been turned on. Move your cursor to the bottom edge of your screen and the familiar Start button and clock will reappear (if it doesn’t, hit Ctrl+Esc, or try moving your cursor to the top, and each side, your taskbar may have “jumped” to one of those edges).