Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Redirect folders in Windows XP

Customize Desktop

Old 23-02-2009

Redirect folders in Windows XP

hello i am looking for folder Redirector that can be used to relocate the special folders to a different path. i try to find it but its not possible for me .This utility must relocate the some shell folders please provide such solution or application so i can perform my task. thank you.

Old 23-02-2009

Re: Redirect folders in Windows XP

try this

Select a folder from the drop-down list box.
in the edit box you can see current path for the selected item.Type the new path in the edit box, click Apply To relocate the special folder. You can backup the existing configuration to a file.this utility does not move the files to the new location (redirected path). It has to be done manually.

To restore the default path for the chosen shell folder, click the Restore Default button once.
Old 23-02-2009

Relocating the Shared Documents folder

Click Start, Run and type regedit.exe

Navigate to the following branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders

In the right-pane, look for the entry named Common Documents and double-click it. To relocate the shared documents folder, type the new path (say D:\SharedDocs) in the text box provided. The default Value data is %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents
Old 23-02-2009

Relocating the sub-folders of Shared Documents

To relocate the Shared Music, Shared Pictures and Shared Video folders along with Shared Documents, navigate to teh following registry branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders

In the right pane, do the following:

* Create a REG_SZ value named CommonMusic and set the path
* Create a REG_SZ value named CommonPictures and set the path
* Create a REG_SZ value named CommonVideo and set the path

Logoff and login back.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: