Thread: Can't view thumbnails or preview photos

Can't view thumbnails or preview photos

Hi,
    I'm facing really strange problem here , my thumbnails just have the icon on them and when I select "preview", it does nothing.I had previously been able to view my thumbnails and preview pictures using Windows picture.
    Please provide some suggestions.

Re: can't view thumbnails or preview photos

Follow this procedure by this you can enable or disable the thumbnail icon feature for image files.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Open Folder Options.
    • Select View.
    • Uncheck the box for Always show icons, never thumbnails to enable thumbnail icons. Check the box to disable thumbnail icons.

Re: can't view thumbnails or preview photos

Refer this similar thread No thumbnails preview of files in Vista

To turn off, remove or disable video and media thumbnail preview in Windows XP

If you using windows xp then

To turn off, remove or disable video and media thumbnail preview in Windows XP, and fix above issues relating to video (AVI) problems, simply issue the following command in a Command Prompt
    window. To open Command Prompt window, type “Cmd” in Start -> Run box.

Code:
    regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
    It’s important to note that once the command above is run, the thumbnail preview will be disabled and will not be shown or displayed for all video, movie and other media files. And, users also lose the ability to see the summary properties in the tooltip and file properties dialog for AVI, WMA, WMV, ASF and WAV files.

To re-enable, or turn off the media preview again, use the following command:

Code:
    regsvr32 shmedia.dll

To enable or disable thumbnail preview feature of images, photos, graphics, and pictures in Windows XP

To enable or disable thumbnail preview feature of images, photos, graphics, and pictures in Windows XP

In order to turn off and disable thumbnail preview feature of images, photos, graphics, and pictures in Windows XP, and to disable the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and remove graphic files format associations with the default viewer comes with XP, open Command Prompt window (type Cmd in Run command box) and type the following command, follow by ‘Enter’.

regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    shimgvw.dll known is Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Library shimgvw. After running above command, all photos and images will be displayed as just icons, and double click to open a graphic will launch your personal favorite default image viewer instead.

To re-enable image preview and turn off Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, run the following command and hit ‘Enter’ key:

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll