Thread: Google Toolbar disappeared

Google Toolbar disappeared

hi,
    i have problem, I have recently installed Norton Internet Security, my google toolbar has disappeared;I checked the google toolbar FAQ. I click on tools/toolbars and google toolbar was no longer checked. I've tried to reinstall the google toolbar. Downloaded it again,but won't work.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Google Toolbar disappeared

hi,
    When I had a problem uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar I didn't have to go near the registry. I ended up uninstalling the toolbar, closing all IE windows, clearing all cookies, rebooting the computer, and then reinstalling the toolbar. It worked and has been fine since with no problems.

hi,
    when you look under Add-ons, can you see that the Google Toolbar listed is that enabled ? If it is, you should find it listed under View Toolbar in the IE menu. As you are running Vista,in IE7 the menu bar is not displayed by default, but must be turned on by clicking Tools and, thereunder, Menu bar. You will then see a menu bar under the address bar, with View as the third item from the left. Click on View and Toolbar and see if Google Toolbars has a tick to its left (if not, click on it).after that google toolbar will apper on the screen.

In IE, click on "view", "toolbars". Make sure that the toolbars that you want
    in IE have a tick beside them. Those that you don't want, click on them to
    untick them.

On both my home (several weeks ago) and office (the other day) computers, the google toolbar has recently disappeared. On both, I initially tried to click the toolbar in view, but that didn't work -- no check, no matter what. Then I tried system restore, but that did not work either (meaning, the restore operation could not be completed). I then tried to delete the toolbar per gusgr8's suggestion, but I keep getting the "Google Toolbar Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsoft about this problem." message. Repeated attempts to either run the remove again or to tell M/S about this did no good.

What's going on, anybody? Has M/S finally figured that they have to take their war w/ google to a new level?