Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to make size of jpeg files smaller

Customize Desktop

Old 17-02-2009

How to make size of jpeg files smaller

Hi guys and good evening,
I'm searching for the best jpeg compressor so that i can make the jpeg file size smaller. I need to upload those images in my orkut profile but they are in MBs (2 mb or 3 mb). Any suggestions ? so that i can make the jpeg file size smaller and can upload them witout any problem.
Thanks for any help .

Old 17-02-2009

Re: How to make size of jpeg files smaller

You can "compress" it more In paint when you "save", or "save as" with your program, there should be a setting for compression of a JPG file, I just converted image made in Photoshop CS2 of 2.5 Mb to 322kb using paint.
Old 17-02-2009

You can make it smaller (not the size of the file, but the actual size itself) with Windows's own program. See here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...schelman2.mspx
Old 17-02-2009

Do you have Photoshop or access to Photoshop? If so you can open the photo in whatever electronic format it's in (jpeg, tiff, psd, png, etc.) re-size it -- under "image size," make it physically smaller -- AND resave it as a low resolution jpeg.
Old 17-02-2009

To change the size of a JPEG image you need image or picture editing software. Some editing software packages have more features than others. For this function all you need to do is resize . You can use Ifranview and resize the image. Then save it as a .TIFF .

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: ,