Thread: Missing Task manager property?

Missing Task manager property?

Hi,
    i have big problem,I logged onto my computer today to find that I had several viruses, spyware, and adware on my computer.running windows vista.The problem is I am unable to access the Task Manager. I can't access the task manager anymore, if I hit ctrl+alt+del it used to come up with a menu and it was one of the choices, i can not select task manager When I right click in the task bar.
    Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Re: Missing Task manager property?

hi,
    this problem may occur if taskmgr.exe was infected and has been healed in a way that removed it's ability to actually run, otherwise you would gat an error message. you can get at the individual exes that are being run by services.exe and restart them - something which you can not do with task manager - and then there is the ability to view every dll loaded by a process.

hi,
    when you open Task Manager, the tabs and taskbar have suddenly disappeared. This behavior can occur if Task Manager is running in "tiny footprint" mode. If you accidentally double-click the empty space in the border around the tabs, Task Manager switches to this mode. To switch Task Manager back to its normal display mode, just double-click the top border of the window.i hope problem will solve.

The clean Task Manager with ‘missing tabs and menus’ user interface is not an error nor a bug. In fact, it’s a feature of Windows Task Manager to run in tiny foot-print compact mode. In compact mode, not only the menu bar and tabs are hidden, the top and bottom window border frames which contains Minimize, Maximize and Quit/Exit buttons and status bar also go into hidden and not visible.