Thread: My Start button & Menu bar has disappeared

blush My Start button & Menu bar has disappeared

Hello everyone,

I had installed windows Xp on my system, after working for nearly 20 minutes my start menu and menu bar disappears. I'm unable to shut down my pc, after restarting my pc i tried doing system restore but it didn't work out for me. I don't understand the exact problem, can any one help me out to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: My Start button & Menu bar has disappeared

Have you tried pressing CTRL+ESC or the Windows Key? That should bring up your start menu on the screen. If you can get to Control Panels, then you can get to your Task bar and Start Menu. If you take off "Lock the Task bar" then there should be a little arrow in the bottom left hand corner, click on that and it should bring the tool bar backup on your screen.

Try to right click on your Start Menu Start--> Then select Properties--> Click on Classic Start Menu Customize--> Click on Add--> Browse towards where you can see "iexplore.exe" is. You will find it as C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE--> Then click on Next--> Start Menu--> Next--> put an appropriate name in the box, click on Finish and then click on Ok and again click on Ok button.

Right click your start button, then click "Properties", then click the "Customize" button next to the Start Menu radio button. Then you scroll all the way down the list and you should find "Search", it is probably not checked. You want to check it. Also when you hit your Start button you can start typing and it will automatically appear.

If you face such problem any time just press simultaneously Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys which will give you the Task Menu. At that time press the Shut Down option.

Or you can also Preset your computers power button, by going to Control Panel--> In that select Advance tab. It will show you 'When I press the power button on my computer' at that time select Shut down and click on Apply button.That way if your windows locks or restricts normal shutdown, the shutdown may still work for you by just pressing the power button one time.