Thread: Remove folders in LightRoom

Remove folders in LightRoom

Was trying things on Lightroom, but I am struggling with two things. The one folder that has posted does not work, only the "?" Characters, so this I want to be deleted.

The second is that it can not find all the pictures I have in the folder "my pictures\ ..." it loads only slightly over 400 of the few to one thousand I have left.

Re: Remove folders in LightRoom

Many suggests that LR cannot find the folder on the disk. It can happen if you have deleted or moved folder. You can "find it again", by right-clicking on the folder and selecting "Find missing folder." To remove folders from the library of LR is the only right-clicking it and selecting "Remove". It will not remove the folder from the disk, only from the library of LR.

When it comes to images that cannot be not imported, I do not know what may be the reason for it, unless you have many images that are not JPEG, TIFF or PSD.

Thank you I will look at it. Most of the pictures I have are JPEG, some get RAW.

In case of photos not getting imported, I agree with Isaac1 in that it is not so easy to explain, but were all the pictures where you made the import, you chose to import subfolders as well? One thing you can try is to right click the folder and select "Syncronize folders". Remember that Lightroom is not a filebrowser and see only the photos that you explicitly import.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy24 View Post
    In case of photos not getting imported, I agree with Isaac1 in that it is not so easy to explain, but were all the pictures where you made the import, you chose to import subfolders as well? One thing you can try is to right click the folder and select "Syncronize folders". Remember that Lightroom is not a filebrowser and see only the photos that you explicitly import.
    Exactly this was the mistake I was doing. Many thanks for the exact solution.