Thread: Hotspot to images

Hotspot to images

Hello
    I have a picture that I want to create more links on (Hotspots)
    How do I make it, possibly a good and easy program that can help me in this.

Re: Hotspot to images

When you double-click an image the "Image Properties" screen will appear. In the top right the "Hotspots" field tells you how many hotspots are in the image. Click on the square toolbar icon and then click on the image, holding down your mouse button and then drag a rectangle around a part of the image and then release your mouse button. On the right of the screen the Hotspots tab will now be selected and you will see the hotspots properties. A hotspot must have a destination Topic to Jump To. Click on the Jump Type field and select either a Topic, Popup, Macro jump or an Internet link or Flyover hint. Macro jumps are only supported in WinHelp. Currently Popup jumps are only fully supported by WinHelp. In HtmlHelp they are converted to Topic jumps. An Internet link is simply a url and a Flyover Hint is a hint that appears when the user passes the mouse over that HotSpot.

Click in the "Jump To" field and use the ellipsis button to select your Topic/Popup. Click [OK] and compile to test. You can now click on that part of the image and it will jump to the destination Topic/Popup.

Adding a hotspot to a picture
    1. In Design view, in your web page, click the picture to which you want to add a hotspot.

2. On the Pictures toolbar, click the Rectangular Hotspot button, Circular Hotspot button, or Polygonal Hotspot button.

3. On the picture, do one or more of the following.

• To draw either a rectangle or circle, drag where you want a hotspot.

• To draw a polygon, click to create each vertex of the polygon shape. To complete the shape, either click on the first vertex you created, or double-click.

4. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, locate the file you want to link to, and then click OK.

You use the Hotspots command (Image menu) to add or edit hotspots on the current image. To begin adding hotspots to an image, open the image by double-clicking its thumbnail. This selects it as the current image and displays it in the lower pane.

Next, choose the Hotspots command from the Image menu. This causes the Hotspot properties dialog box to appear. Choose a hotspot type under the heading Create hotspot on the Hotspot properties dialog box and then click or click-drag to add the hotspot to your image. Use the controls on the Hotspot properties dialog box to set the properties of the hotspot.

Thank you all for the different procedures. But I have not found and I can not get to run well enough.

FrontPage has builtin "hotspot" feature, but it requires that you have FP installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusgr8 View Post
    FrontPage has builtin "hotspot" feature, but it requires that you have FP installed.
    Oh k, and I have unfortunately not installed. Anyways, thanks for the responses.