Thread: Insert a special character in a document (ASCII codes)

Insert a special character in a document (ASCII codes)

Some typefaces, symbols such as copyright ©, trademark ®, mathematical signs and characters from other languages, can not be entered directly from the keyboard. There is a utility built into Windows Charmap.exe name. It is actually a character that allows you to select a character and copy it to the clipboard and Ctrl + V to insert in any document.

If you know the value of the (ASCII) of the special character search, you can insert special characters directly into your document using your keyboard. To do this, open the document and place the cursor where you want to show the special character. Then press the Lock button. num (Num Lock) and hold down the Alt key and press the keys corresponding to the key value of the character you want to type. Once you've finished typing, release the Alt key, and Windows generates the character.

To find the value of key (ASCII) with a special character charmap.exe open, then click the character to insert. If the character has a key value, it appears in the lower right corner of the window.

And how do i open this mysterious charmap?

1. Open Character Map by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking Character Map.

2. In the Font list, type or select the font you want to use.

3. Click the special character you want to insert into the document.

4. Click Select, and then click Copy.

5. Open your document and position the cursor where you want the special character to appear.

6. On the Edit menu, click Paste.

Re: Insert a special character in a document (ASCII codes)

Refer this thread for full Ascii table reference : Full Ascii table for reference

I use this software to have an adapted keyboard to type that allows a bunch of barbarians characters (® © ÉÈÇÀŒ) without getting tired.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

"Charmap" or better "Character" is also accessible via the "accessories" and "System Tools" in Windows. Then just copy the shortcut to his favorite spot. For me, it is stored in a folder. Folder accessible from the toolbar. I chose Prg "to be clear without taking up much space. For the most commonly used characters, I spend well over by ALT 0 xxx