Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Lost my start menu and taskbar

Customize Desktop

Old 22-01-2009

Lost my start menu and taskbar

I have a inspiron 1520 with a 32 bit vista home basic edition. my start menu and taskbar are now non-existent. i don't know how it happened, and i've spent the last few hours trying to solve the problem to no avail. even when i click on the start menu and taskbar button on the control panel, nothing happens. it blinks and that's it. i've read the threads that have already been posted and they didn't help either. so i'm hoping someone could post an answer to my dilemma, cuz i really don't want to have to reformat my system.

Pete

Old 22-01-2009

Re: Lost my start menu and taskbar

Try using the System Restore to go back to a date when you had the Taskbar. %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe is the location of the program, if you can get to it.
Old 22-01-2009

Click here

Customize my Start Menu
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/838663.htm
Desktop. No Icons. No Task Bar. No Task Manager. HELP ME
Old 22-01-2009

See this threads : TaskBar and Start menu not working
Start Menu disappeared, taskbar freezing...

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 22-01-2009

Because spyware can cause the problems that you are seeing, please download, install, update, then run a full system scan with either, or both of the free antispyware tools in the links below.. Delete anything they find.

Ewido/AVG Antispyware 7.5 Tool

SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool
Old 22-01-2009

Have you made sure all your applications are up to date and fully Vista compatible? Have you made sure all your hardware drivers are up to date. Is there anything you might have installed or removed recently or shortly before all this began?
Old 29-07-2011

If a page was recently created here, it may not yet be visible because of a delay in updating the database; wait a few minutes and try the purge function.
Titles on Wikipedia are case sensitive except for the first character; please check alternative capitalizations and consider adding a redirect here to the correct title and please follow the steps.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: ,