Thread: 3D Designer

3D Designer

What is good at 3D graphics, help me because I get to work on a game and not really know how to make the characters. And film introduction and the story line. I need help because they am begginer in graphics. Or even some tutorials for 3D studio, because I hear it's easy, or any program for 3D graphics!

Re: 3D Designer

Well, if you do not think a bit more than you can chew? That is how you got into a 3D game but you are beginner in graphics? In what program does it work? What kind of game? What theme? What budget?

If you work in 3D Max see here for tutorials - 3D Studio MAX Tutorials, but the best is to learn basics and then you get the tutorials!

3D Studio Max and 3D graphics in general, are easy when you have several years of experience in asset and something talent. In no case you get the 3d graphics for you involved in a project that you need knowledge in this area, because I do not think a few years of training base can learn relatively quickly, but have made a sustained effort for a long time to learn all that is known for creating characters used. If you want a recommendation of tutorial for creating characters, this is among the best you can find.

If you ever worked at all in 3dsmax, I recommend you start with help tutorials included in some 3dsmax. You learn absolutely everything to 0. If you want to continue on that field, you need a lot of patience. Plus if you create characters for games, you need to work in low-poly, then you want details on the characters, that is done with Zbrush or Mudbox, or other type of software, then export them as normal for bump map in 3dstudio. So, is not so easy as it seems.

So, to answer the first question what kind of game I want to do. I thought to do a game like Diablo 2 (RPG). Changes mean little story, towns, characters, items, etc.. I worked more than in 3dsmax, but I made a break of about 1 year and forgot almost everything. Given that the character not seen, for almost guess not to do even in detail with all things. But when you choose what character you want to do, must be something more attractive.

And indeed, the sites that you have given are very good and very interesting because I found many good tutorials and explicit articles. Books that I got on the net are good, but I learn that the programming in 3D, and I want to know how to make the characters and eventually item.

Also happened to me the same things as you. I made a long break of several months and the best things I forgot basics! Consider the tips that my colleagues have posted above. If you want to learn you need to have patience and a lot more work if you want to do a good job. Idea is to start with simple things then you can go on the dealing with works increasingly more complicated! Good luck!

I already started to learn the site 3dtotal. It is a very good site and I like that besides that it explains how to do animation in 3Ds Max (which interested me). There rarely are so good sites. If you have informed other programming or design games (preferably 3D), more suitable to me. I know some, but outside .... examples, not really understand anything! And includes movies, but too suddenly jumps from one step to another and simply do not know what to do to get up there