Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Change the background color of the welcome screen in windows XP

Customize Desktop

Old 24-12-2008

Change the background color of the welcome screen in windows XP

Hi all
My one of the friend have changes the background color of the welcome screen. And he is not sharing with me . can anybody tell me how to do that. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 24-12-2008

Re: Change the background color of the welcome screen in windows XP

Hi Daley,
I have a solution for you

By default in Windows XP, the background color of the welcome screen is blue. But it can be changed very easily with a value in the registry. However, only three colors are possible.
  • Click on "start", "Run" then type "regedit" and do "OK"

• Go to the key: "HKEY_USERS. DEFAULT / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / ThemeManager"

• In the right part change the DWORD value named "ColorName" and put one of the following:

• "NormalColor": Blue

• "Metallic": Gray

• "Homestead": Olive

say to your friend lolz

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , ,