Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-12-2008

Rearranging .txt files

I exported from my vBulletin forum about 80,000 emails to be able to put in my newsletter. The files. txt containing the email format is so...

Quote:
prova@prova.com ciccio@ciccio.com test@test.com prova@prova.com ciccio@ciccio.com test@test.com prova@prova.com ciccio@ciccio.com test@test.com prova@prova.com ciccio@ciccio.com test@test.com prova@prova.com ciccio@ciccio.com test@test.com .........
How do I replace each space with a head? in order to have a mail for each line?
Old 23-12-2008

Re: Rearranging .txt files

Import them to excel file. Then make as you would like.
Old 23-12-2008

I tried to open the txt with excel and practically makes me an email for each column, now do I put in a row and then revert in txt?

PS: Still believe that I excel cuts a large part of email. Can not have 80,000 columns for all emails.
Old 23-12-2008

This is an issue of programming. Then will go into the different section.
Create a simple script in VB6 (or VB.NET or C #) is easy. Get your file.txt, the laws as just a txt file and, for each stream you go to look for space with the INSTR and then, "playing" with the indices, will be able to recover e-mail addresses.
Old 23-12-2008

I do a program in quicbasic. Open the file in binary mode fetch character by character instead of $ chr (32), in which the space include $ chr (13), which is the return. Clearly broadly. With these antiquated systems, I was able to retrieve several things.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: ,