Thread: Images ruined after recording to DVD

Images ruined after recording to DVD

Well, I'll try to summarize the story.
    I went for picnic and recently took my digital camera, a Sony P-73 with a 1GB card. I started taking pictures and when the card into took place for the download... took my Pendrive 4Gb Corsair and a DVD-R.
    I went to a store and asked to download photos from pendrive and then, for sure, write to DVD-R. The guy there did this all in front of me. He first took Pendrive then put the card in the reader ... drag all the photos on the card Pro Pendrive, then recorded them on the DVD-R.

After when he finished the recording I do not understand how the photos were ruined. Just saw that they were the in Pendrive and on the DVD, but the boy did not put you see.
    And the I had a serious problem of not having micro available at any time to see how the photos were. Just after 1 week I was in the house of a friend and saw about 450 photos, some 300 and few were damaged, some were left in half, others were black, others were in a top of the other etc. But in view of the camera they were perfect, I'm sure that issue was not on the card after that took almost 700 pictures, download and all I did not have any problem. After that I was unable to get back at the shop claim the damage.

How this happened to the photos after recording to a dvd. Someone has this problem?

Re: Images ruined after recording to DVD

That seems strange, because normally if the problem occurs in the transfer, the files do not mix, but would corrupt themselves.

When you delete photos from the card, you click FORMAT, or simply delete all the folder?

The most recommended is sending format, since it avoids anything to happen like that (though I can not guarantee what was the cause).

I did format. Now I do not do myself and now I am trying to understand what happened exactly.

I tried some programs of recovering files that were deleted from the card. The programs I got from the web. Those programs really worked.

I found it strange as well, it corrupts a part of the picture, or does not open, or just open a part, never saw that to happen to add 2 photos.

Unfortunately I do not know what happened

It is that bizarre
    The first pic's problem is normal ... corrupted ....
    but the others ... I have never seen that happen.

Format is not lawful for memory cards so I know. At least not the full format so quickly. It is so clear that it seems that the card has no problem.

About the pictures, I think is to blame for the memory card. Your Cam is Sony, fake cards do cause weird errors. I already bought one because the camera does not show the thumbnails of the pictures.

There may have been problems in transferring. With my canon I went through some old photos and had to find in pc using all the available RAM and a little more, there were pictures that were left in half, photo black, with no thumbnails etc.

I personally when going to photos in PC card or camera, usually leave the pc you do not stop it happening.

Well I prefer to believe that problem has been at the time of transfer then, the PC had 1000 things had the guy open on time.
    From next trip I will be smarter about it, I lost every picture!