Thread: Organizer of photos

Organizer of photos

Hi friends,

I just need some help of a core! I have a lot of pictures on my PC and now can not find a more precisely when searched for a particular one and it takes lot of time. How about a good program to organize and catalog photos on the PC.

I have a Nikon D40 and tried Picture Project, but could not figure out how to use it on the partition of my disk, only managed to make it work in C. .. if they have a clue about this, will be welcome too!

PS: still not learned to search on the subject, excuse me if this topic already exist.

Thanks.

Re: Organizer of photos

If the catalog is the primary use picasa, is very good and free.

If I would have for Windows Picasa, but the problem is that this is a very tight schedule, requires a bit of the machine. If your computer is a little older programs try lighter.

I use GNU / Linux (Ubuntu) on it and use the f-spot. I've used Picasa, but the f-spot is lighter.

In time, the f-spot is for the GNOME graphical environment for KDE and for other graphics environments there are other applications available.

When you install any program, even free, stay tuned to the same type of license and read the contract before installing. Some programs (freewares) have clauses that allow the installation of spyware. Give preference to programs that have the GPL license, are free programs that can not copied, distributed and installed with no problems and no malicious code included.

Picasa heavy? I never knew.
    It is not heavy, what weighs are the pictures that it automatically catalogs by date, it is heavy, but other programs will spend the same problem.

Thanks for the tips! I also thought the Picassa is heavy, but I think Isaac1 may be right, the problem is the amount of photos.

Then I cataloged the photos in Picasso, I can burn a DVD with them, so they continue to cataloged? (and search them later on DVD)

Yeah, just give the driver of reference, in this case the DVD.