Thread: How to remove Red Eye from Digital Photos

How to remove Red Eye from Digital Photos

Recently i had gone for a picnic with my friends. Over there we had taken many pictures from our digital camera. Now the problem is that i had seen many Red Eye pictures. The pictures seems to be superb, but the Red Eye spot on the pictures doesn't look so good on it. So, i would like to know that how can i remove Red Eye from my Digital Photos? Does any body knows about it? Please provide me the correct way for removing Red Eye from my Digital Photos. Would be grateful, if any body provides me the correct way.

Re: How to remove Red Eye from Digital Photos

It's happened to us all and fortunately, it's fairly easy to correct. Follow these simple steps to remove red eye from your photos using any version of Photoshop. For that you just need to darken the pupil area, use the burn tool. It should only take a couple of taps with the burn tool to darken the pupils. Before merging your layers, use the eraser tool to clean up any overspray from painting outside of the iris.

Red-eye reduction works by having the flash shine a light into the eyes of the subject just prior to the flash/shutter event. This is called red eye, and is caused by the camera flash bouncing off of the person's retina. You can minimize red eye by using the red eye reduction feature in your camera. You can also use Windows Photo Gallery to reduce or eliminate red eye in your pictures after they've been taken. For that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) First of all your need to open up your Windows Photo Gallery by clicking on the Start button Picture of the Start button, then you need to click on All Programs, and then need to click on Windows Photo Gallery.
    2) After that your need to click on the picture you want to correct, and then, on the toolbar, click on Fix.
    3) In the Fix pane, click Fix Red Eye.
    4) After that you need to click on the upper-left corner of the first eye that you want to correct, and then drag the mouse pointer to the lower-right corner of the eye to create a selection around the eye.
    5) Repeat the selection for each eye that you want to correct. That's it and your job is done.

Remove Red Eye is a photo correction tool. With Remove Red Eye you can remove a common "red-eye" effect from your digital photos in semi-automatic mode. When you take photos in a dim or dark setting, the light from your camera flash reflects off the subject's eyes. The resulting red glow (red-eye) is the blood vessels illuminated within the subject's retinas. Other factors affecting red-eye are the level of ambient light and how close the flash is to the lens. The brighter the ambient light, the fewer red-eyes, all other things being equal. The farther from the flash is from the lens, the fewer red-eyes, all other things being equal. There is another very important factor to red eye - possibly the most important one. You will not get red eye if the ambient light is fairly high.