Thread: Photoshop & Illustrator

Photoshop & Illustrator

Hello, I am very new when it comes to graphic design & adobe products. Now i want to know on how to edit a psd file in the illustrator. I can open the file in illustrator but it seems to be quite smaller in size than in photoshop when i am viewing it. As i am new i dont have any idea. So if anybody can help me sort out this difference in size of the file would be great. Thanks

Try to open it in Photoshop > then > Image size. now whatever it says just tell us. I think that you have zoomed in when you were looking in Photoshop while Illy brought it in at actual size or the size of the image adjusted it when you switched Illy to open at a certain resolution. I dont understand that why do you want to edit a psd file in Illustrator rather than photoshop?

I was using free trial of photoshop that just finished. So i just got illustrator & started fiddling around with it. The file size is 800 px X 300 px so you are correct about the resolution i think. Let me check to what it has got to say.

That file size resolution is very small in inches. So it might have been like you have opened your illustrator file in inches so thats why it made your images look small in size.

Illustrator is a vector based program & Photoshop is a raster based one so you have to do some research on it as you are new. PSD files have several groups which is also termed as layered file. So therefore PSD file gets flattened by the Illustrator on opening it. So that is why a layer from photoshop to illustrator cannot be edited properly.