Thread: I am not happy with Avira AntiVir Personal Edition

Dennis Guest

I am not happy with Avira AntiVir Personal Edition

My system was having free edition of AVG. It was working fine until my friend recommended to install Avira AntiVir. He convinced me that it is a good antivirus and will offer more secure. I removed AVG and installed Avira AntiVir. First the issue started with slow startup. Then it take long time to open my applications. Later on I am getting tons of popup ads whenever I start my system. This antivirus does not looks secure from any way. The ads simply kills the system on launch. AVG was far more better I think.

Avira AntiVir is very annoying. I had too find it is complicated. AVG is simple and clean I think. Ads this is common. There are number of threads on this forums which says that this antivirus is a adware. After installation it will load your screen with tons of advertisement. I am annoyed with the same. I got a license copy free from my office and I am going to return the same back. I removed it and installed Virus Removal. This is a better antivirus and works quiet nicely.

That right. Almost all free editions provides ads as a promotion. This is the way they earn. I am quiet annoyed with this free tools. If you have a better system with nice amount of RAM and CPU then you can install Norton in that. It is a powerful antivirus which is capable of giving you more performance and better output. I am using this for last 6 months and it is nice. It puts a bit pressure on your system performance and if the hardware is low then you cannot do anything. It will freeze more like hell.

Avira Antivir is a nice antivirus and there are tons of popups on your screen if your system is affected by a adware. You must scan your system with some anti-adware tool that would help you in some way. If you are not happy you can switch to any other antivirus. But there would be some ads. Compared to others AVG is found to be one of the most simplest and cleanest antivirus. If you need a performance then try to work with older editions only.

re: I am not happy with Avira AntiVir Personal Edition

I am using AVIRA and it is working quite fine in my system. There is no issue with performance at all. It looks there some infection in your system already and that has spoiled the antivirus files. You have to re-install that and re-update it. If still there are tons of ad-popup then get some other antivirus. I am using AVIRA for more than 5 months and it has never given any issue to me.
    Last edited by kman420; 14-01-2010 at 08:07 AM.

re: I am not happy with Avira AntiVir Personal Edition

"AVG is for grannys who only play pogo and barely venture off a google link." ROFLMAO, u made my day with that one,bro!