Thread: AVG 8 Free version update popup

AVG 8 Free version update popup

AVG checks for fresh updates automatically. Recently I had seen that there was a popup which shows information on updating the antivirus edition to AVG 8. The last time when I checked the version it was some 7.xxx. I had performed update, but nothing happens. The antivirus says that is updated. If the new edition is available on the update, it must allow me to get a new edition automatically. I visited Grisoft the official site of AVG. It showed the free download AVG 8. While in my system when I ask for updating the edition to 8, I am redirected to payment site. This looks there is something broken or missing.

Download the same manually from the official website. That is the only way to get new edition. You can directly download the file and run the setup. It will work on its own. I had did it in my system and I can see the 8x version updated now. The popup for AVG 8 is not update, it is the new version which is available for free download and I am sure we cannot install that directly though AVG virus update. That is entirely a different thing.

re: AVG 8 Free version update popup

I had also upgraded to a new edition recently. After that for more security I also installed Spybot S&D. AVG 8 looks to be a better version which uses low system resources. The system works fine and there is no issue with the performance also. After updating it, I run a full system scan. I found that there were around 100 virus detected. Those all files were in virus vault. That is weird while the older edition does not located the same. It is much better if you get the new edition as it has more enhanced feature.

I had did the same thing. I scanned my system completely and there were hundreds of new virus detected. This was not found when the older edition scanned the system. It is necessary that you keep your antivirus upto date. It would be complicated for the application to locate new infections. Just after the new upgrade there were tons of warnings shown up. Adding a good registry scanner with the same will also help you much.

I think AVG is not compatible with Spybot. So I will advice to remove it or else if you run both of them your system may freeze a bit. If there are virus then there are chances that they remain undetected. Sometime malware make un-neccessary entries in the registry overloading the same with tons of threat. I have a desktop which has Windows Vista and Avira install. The system has 1GB ram and it looks to be working fine. But I am doubtful that there are still more number of threats in the system that are not scanned. I am planing to add AVG in that.

I am having a relatively slow system. My CPU is Pentium M with 1GB RAM. The operating system has Windows XP Pro. The system is very low in hardware and I hope that adding AVG will give bit performance. Now I am planing to move to AVAST as I am not happy with AVG performance. After adding AVAST the system is very slow. It made my system very slow and compared to that AVG was working far better.

AVG is nice and it works on lowest system resource and I found it effective also. If you need a better security support you must do one thing. You must upgrade to a yearly license package. That will make it more effective. You must buy always a internet edition and if you are having more computers then go with multi-user pack.

I am using AVIRA. It is nice but it is recommended that your system must have some better resources. A antivirus keeps on working in the background and consume a amount of system resources. You must check that how much it consumes and what can be the system limit. On that basis you can determine which one is better.

Go for the paid version that will work more stable. It is much better compared to any free edition. There are number of free antivirus but the issue lies with system resources which are occupied and cause system jam. For low system which has relatively low hardware the issue is most common and you can do anything in that.