Thread: AVG 8.0 Free, problems and observations.

AVG 8.0 Free, problems and observations.

I have Windows XP and AVG 8 installed in my system. I was using 7.5 before and upgraded to the new edition. After that I am facing a bit problem as it is not working quiet well. First the system startup was very slow. The avgrsx.exe consumes around 50% of my cpu resources. Also the bootup time is extended to much higher. Second I always update manually as I do not keep direct internet connection to a system. I had did that but still AVG does not shows that it is fully updated. I do not understand what it is missing. Whenever I scan my system through shell extension there are two icons which appears. The one shows the scan test active and the second one shows the result. I cannot find any settings to turn off those icons.

I had did the same. I had first upgraded AVG 8 and then remove it as I was not able to do anything. My system keeps on freezing and it takes long time to start any application. AVG 8 looks a bit resource intensive compared to the older one. I am using this antivirus from long time and never found such weird problem. It was working quiet nicely but suddenly after running fresh update, the antivirus started giving problem. Many applications does not work and they respond too slowly. After removing that completely things started to work properly.

That is the reason I am using AVAST. It is one of the best and clean antivirus that I had seen working. Somehow it is found commonly that AVAST is not at all working well. It is giving complicated issue after upgrade. My cpu resource is much higher compared to other applications. After adding AVAST it is working fine. There must be some notification related to such bugs, so that the user can ignore the upgrade.