Thread: Configuring router for VPN passthrough

Configuring router for VPN passthrough

As my title says I need some help with configuring router for vpn passthrough. Here is a small glimpse of my network. I am on FiOS internet setup. The router which I am using is some WI152WR. The connection was configured by Verizon guy. Now I have a Windows Server which is the centeral DC in the entier newtork. There are other 4 systems configured on the same network. Here I want some settings through which the router can pass request via XP system so that those who are on laptops or other system can able to access it. I want them to connect as VPN client. Everything works inside a firewall here.

You can try checking the documentation of router. It would give you a glimpse of setup. If you want you can try go with the internal setup. You can try to setup a Windows Network Connection Windows XP and create a common workplace for all. The settings are as follows. Go on Network Connection and then click on Make a new connection. Now click on setup an advance connection and click click on accept incoming connection. There you will find one more settings, allow virtual private connections. That's all.

Dennis Guest
    I too have the same issue. I am facing issue here with port forwarding. This is not working properly through my vpn. I do not know about the settings, but I think it is using pptp.