Thread: Unable to browse network drives via over VPN on Vista clients

Unable to browse network drives via over VPN on Vista clients

I cannot access a mapped network drive on Windows Vista. I am trying to access the same through VPN. I am using a mobile internet connection here. As I mentioned above I am using Windows Vista. I am getting a error message that network drive is not accessible due to low permission. Is there some issue with vpn. I am having permission to access the drive. Later on I tried to mapped it and I am getting a new error that user name cannot be found. I tested the same on other laptop and there it works. It is my office system.

I think you must contact the network guy to fix the issue. Your admin. I am sure there might be some problem with configuration. You can try configuring the vpn client again to to make all the settings proper. Depending the tool you are using you might need to configure all stuff again from scratch.

Also having the same exact problem but with sonicwall vpn instead of cisco. I also don't have a venturi tab. Was there ever another fix found for this problem?

There can some restrictions or security policies. It is better if you contact the admin and ask for help. The error appears in two conditions. First either the drive is not available or second if there is no proper permission allotted to your account. You must connect your system first on the domain and then try to map the drive.