Thread: TrustPort AV WS

TrustPort AV WS

I have used Kasperskey for a month and it's trial period has got over, so now i am willing to check out TrustPort AV WS. I have heard that it is a good antivirus but before going for it i will like to know if it is resource hog or not? I have got varying answers for this question and it is one of my concern.Is there anyone who has used it and can share his experience with me so that i can have better idea of this product??

I havent used Trustport so i dont have much idea about it but why dont you check out nod32 ? It is resource light and it seems as if that's what you are looking for. It is simply one of the best antivirus these days. I am using it from a month and have had good experience with it.

Re: TrustPort AV WS

As far as i am aware core of TrustPort Antivirus is Norman or BitDefender antivirus scanning engine. BitDefnder is quite known to OEM and it's Engine and Signatures are just great where as Norman has lost its favour and is not able to keep up it peers. So first cross check if it is using Norman or BitDefender antivirus scanning engine before you get it. On the other hand if you are looking for resource light program than trust me you wont get better than nod32.

+ 1 for nod32 from me as well, i have tested out some of the latest antivirus but nod3d was the only one that appeared satisfying. I have been using it from a couple of month and i dont find to look back at any antivirus unless and until i face severe issue with nod32. If you dont trust our words than just go through user review of nod32 and decide it out.

TrustPort AV WS

Hi everyone, I'm new but I'd like to say one thing about Kaspersky's software.

Doomed Soul said "Well I'm done with 30days of Kasperskey . . . ."

I also tried Kaspersky and it worked fine until it started acting against my firewall. I tried to get it to work by modifying settings, but it would not. Then I did something I should have done all along: I checked the Kaspersky website and found that it doesn't work with a bunch of other programs. They warn you about that, but it isn't quite up front. So, because it wouldn't work with my setup, I asked for a refund -- yeah, I know, I should have used the free 30-day trial, but didn't. They were laughing all the way to the bank. No refund.

Bottom line: always check something out thoroughly before trying it on your PC. It's a lesson learned for me.

BTW, I switched to BitDefender's Internet Security v.10 and it works very well, no problems with my setup. It costs less than Kaspersky as well.

Tschuess!