Thread: Latest Avira Antivir update - problem

Latest Avira Antivir update - problem

It seems there is something wrong with latest (Sept) update from Avira Antivir, Just after downloading the update, my system (windows 98) refused to boot in to normal mode. Currently i have uninstalled Avira Antivir by booting in to safemode and have installed it in normal mode without updates. I am not facing any issue now but i will like to know if anyone else had faced similar issue with latest update or there might be something wrong in my case??

I think that there might be something wrong in your system and not Avira Antivir update. I wanted to know if this is the first time you are having this issue with update?? I am not sure but i have come across people who have mentioned that Avira Antivir runs quite buggy on windows 98. So if you are having this issue with very first update than i guess they might be right. If you did not had any such issue previously than i will suggest you to repair Avira Antivir and try installing update after that.

re: Latest Avira Antivir update - problem

I did not had any issue in installing Avira Antivir updates previously, i have been using it from couple of months and things were working very fine. I dont know what went wrong with it after installing latest update. I did not found Avira Antivir to be buggy on windows 98 until now. I have tried repairing Antivir but that's not making any difference in my case. Is there anything else that i can try out further for installing latest update successfully.

If it was working fine before than some recent changes might be causing this issue, Have you installed any other antivirus or security program in your system? If yes than try to disable/uninstall it and see if that's helping. If you dont get any luck with than than i will suggest you to make clean installation of Antivir, i mean use some uninstaller or registry cleaner for uninstalling and removing leftovers of Antivir first and try installing it again with latest update.