Thread: Is it possible to run avast on real time and antivir on-demand scanning in same computer

Is it possible to run avast on real time and antivir on-demand scanning in same computer

I want to know if it is possible to run avast on real time and antivir on demand in same computer?? Actually my system is having avast installed and i have tried installing antivir so that i can run it on-demand scanning. I dont know whats going wrong , just after installing antivir without active guard when i reboot my system i get messages from avast saying that it has disabled several components in real time protection because of antivir. So i wanted to know if anyone have got antivir and avast working together in their system? If yes than how?

re: Is it possible to run avast on real time and antivir on-demand scanning in same computer

I dont think that they will work together, anyways it is recommended to use single antivirus on a machine. If you install more than one than both will interfere with each others processes and you will run in to issue like this. So decide which one you have to keep and uninstall the other one. I will suggest you to stick with avast rather than antivir . Avast is much better than antivir, i have used them both and i am saying that by my experience.

re: Is it possible to run avast on real time and antivir on-demand scanning in same computer

Are you sure that Avast is much better than antivir? I mean i have gone through some sites and have checked out their test result for best antivir and have found them mentioning antivir to be better as compared to Avast. That's the reason i was installing antivir but i did not wanted to lose Avast so i thought of installing it and running it on-demand scanning. Your post is confusing me now.

I agree to you for that but that's why i mentioned that i am saying it according to my experience. There are some sites who have listed Avast leading antivir but there are some other sites where antivir is leading Avast. I really dont trust such results until i try it myself. If possible just go through the user comments that might have been posted on the sites you visited, you will get better idea of their test results.

I have found Antivir to be better than Avast, i was using avast until last week but as my trial period got over tried out Antivir. I was surprised by its performance, its quite light and not at al resource hungry. Whenever i used to run scan using avast my system speed used to go down but with Antivir things are going quite well. I haven't faced any issue with it until now so i am thinking of sticking to it in in future.