Thread: WPA_Kill.exe false positive in Avast?

WPA_Kill.exe false positive in Avast?

My antivirus shows wpa_kill.exe as listed threat. It was in my system for long time and never detected as a threat. This happen when I switch my antivirus from Kaspersky to Avast. On scan the virus found a trojan. So it looks to be a false alarm to me. I had submitted the file by scanning through online scanner to Kaspersky lab and hope there will be some way to get rid of the same. Does this is a trojan or should I ignore the same. I need suggestion on the same. Thanks.

It can be a virus, as the antivirus will not raise a false alarm. There are some more online scanner that you can try. It happens sometime the virus skips from your existing security software and the same is then detected by any other antivirus. You must scan your system and do not ignore it. WPA.kill is not a safe file. It is not ethical of using it. This file bypass Windows Activation and it is not legal.

Re: WPA_Kill.exe false positive in Avast?

Try some other antivirus and remove the same if it is detected as threat. I hope you are not using a pirated version of Windows as you are already putting your system on grave risk. Update your antivirus and then scan thoroughly for the threats. Such application which forcefully tries to modify windows activation do contain malware in them. You are a much easier catch if you are downloading a pirated application and installing it.

Is that right, that you are using some application for bypassing windows activation. You might land in legal penalty soon. There are different online scanner to whom you can send those files and find out whether it is proper or not. In my views if you are using pirated windows then you are already on risk. There is no antivirus that can protect you. Buy a legit copy will help you to stay more secure at some end. From where did you got that file.

There are some antivirus which might generate false positive alert. You can keep a close watch on those files which are listed. You can try some online scanner as mentioned to test the file integrity and I am sure you are going to find some help on the same. You can try submitting the file to Virus Total. That is the place where you will find details on this issue. There is another nice tool that I am using. It is called as BitDefender. This antivirus is capable of giving best results. If this antivirus too find your files a infected then remove the same at one. There can be a trojan in that.

I am using McAfee. The Windows that I had installed was cracked and I was not aware about it. When I bought the system, Windows was pre-installed. I thought it is a legit copy. I was having a free edition of AVG in that. I bought a McAfee disc. After installation and updating on full system scan I noticed the WPA threat. I searched on Google and found that this is small utility use to bypass Windows activation. I contacted Microsoft to get a legit copy and now everything works well. There are tons of files which are malicious and there is no easy way to locate them.

Keep your firewall on and buy original software only. Or else will not be able to get rid of such threats. This are easily distributed from one system to another. If the antivirus locate it as a virus then you must not avoid them. There must be some way by which you can protect and keep your system safer. And that is by keeping your system upto date.