Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AVG completed the whole system scan in 0 seconds

AntiVirus Software

Old 13-02-2012

AVG completed the whole system scan in 0 seconds

Hello friends, I do not know that what the problem with the AVG is. Couple of days ago I have got the security shield trojan/virus on to my system. I have removed the virus, I was know about it that how to do it. When I was trying AVG to scan then it was not scanning only. The rootkit and the pc analyzer were only scan which were working for me, rest was not. I have not faced any sort of the problem with it, so does anyone know that what is the problem and how to solve it. Please help me. Thank you.

Old 13-02-2012

Re: AVG completed the whole system scan in 0 seconds

There might be some of the remnants of other security software which is creating the problem for you. I would suggest that you better remove the following things.
  • Lavasoft Ad-aware which is been located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Lbd.sys
  • Sunbelt driver which is been located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sphr.sys

If you are having the ZoneAlarm installed then you temporarily uninstall it, when you are done with the in-installation then you restart the computer and perform a scan.
Old 13-02-2012

I have uninstall the zone alarm and ad-aware also. I was not to find the sphr.sys file on my computer when I was searching it completely on HDD and also looked in windows/system32/drivers folder. I have also done the GMER which also told it was not able to find that file. I have restarted the computer but still facing the same problem. So I have again run GMER and founded that file name is been changed to spky.sys, which was not founded by GMER or by me. So how does it get changed automatically?
Old 13-02-2012

Let me tell you that spky.sys belongs to virtual drive software and the last 2 letter which are there are been generated randomly. If you check your previous scan log then it has coincidentally same name called Sunbelt driver. I would suggest that you better verify your ZoneAlarm and also check that all the drivers are been removed completely. After that you perform the repair installation with latest installation package and do restart the system and perform a scan again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Tags: , , , ,