Thread: Unable to update the Bullguard antivirus from Version 10 to version 12

Unable to update the Bullguard antivirus from Version 10 to version 12

Guys I am stuck with the version 10 and I am not able to update my antivirus at all. Whenever I am trying to update the antivirus I get the following error message saying that Could not start B/G update service error 0x41d. so that’s the error that I get what do you all think what can be the reason behind this. On my side I tried various steps like installing and uninstalling various programs. I also took several help from my friends regarding this. I tried calling up online support but they did not revert me back. So that’s why my last option where you all guys. So that’s why tell me what to do? I need your suggestion.

Re: Unable to update the Bullguard antivirus from Version 10 to version 12

Ok this problem might occur when BullGuard is trying to write some register keys and because of lack of permissions or denial of access it is not able to do that. So I would suggest you the following suggestions work on it and let me know if that was of help for you or not.
    1) You need to uninstall the bullguard and then reboot the system in the normal mode.

2) In the command prompt type the following command sfc /scannow and press enter. Now the scanning will start, allow it to finish.

3) Now here comes the very important step. You will have to reset the register permissions of Bullguard antivirus, for that what you have to do is
    - Download the SubInACL tool that you will find in google. Now go to the accessories, in the command prompt right click on it and select ’ Run as administrator’.
    - Open a notepad and rename it as ‘reset.cmd’.
    - Copy and paste the following command in the notepad.
    Code:
    “cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=YOURUSERNAME=f /setowner=administrators > %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=YOURUSERNAME=f /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    subinacl /keyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt

subinacl /subdirectories %programfiles%\ /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\ /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt”
    - Now don’t forget to change the values of YOURUSERNAME with the Windows user account.
    - After having done that save and close the notepad. Now in the command prompt type the following command reset.cmd and run it will reset all the registry files.

4) Reboot the system and then reinstall the BullGuard antivirus back in the system. That’s what you should be doing.

Dude you will not believe but the same solution was being provided by one of the member of the team support of bullguard.i did try them but I am getting the same error back that I used to get earlier saying ‘Could not start B/G update service error 0x41d’. need some further assistance from you.

Here is this one solution that helped me a lot and which I got from the support team.
    1) First of all you need to uninstall the BullGuard antivirus without any settings.

2) Now reboot your system. Run a disk cleanup tool after that.

3) Now again install the bullguard and while updating when you get the error pop up message saying contact support team. At that time you don’t have to press ok on that. A team member from bullguard will remotely connect to our pc and install the new installation kit for you.

4) It was very much helpful for me and I am sure it would be for you as well.

Guys I am very much happy to say that my bullguard antivirus has been finally updated to the version 12. Just read some of your articles and it can be helpful for others as well but for me just a simple uninstallation and then reinstalling the antivirus helped that’s it. The updation was successful on my side. Cheers!