Thread: Norton Mobile Security locked my phone

Norton Mobile Security locked my phone

Got a new Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4G LTE. At first it was working fine without any trouble. No matter what network I am using. Then I have installed the Norton Mobile security for the intention of to protect the phone from theft, viruses and more. But after installing it, the issue started. Just restarted the phone after changing to the new Sim and now NMS telling me that Sim has changed, you cannot access the phone. The home screen is completely blocked by the NMS.

Re: Norton Mobile Security locked my phone

Can you tell me what version of NMS you are using?

It seems to me that you have previously activated the Norton AntiTheft Plugin in Norton Mobile Security. You should have disabled it before changing the SIM. To make it correct, you once again need to use the original SIM and change the settings.

I have heard that there are several problems with older version of NMS. I heard that it would lock the CDMA phones. I don’t know whether this issue is resolved in newer versions or not. Make sure to Disable SIM card protection before the changing the SIM.

As far as i know that that latest version of Norton Mobile security provides a better security for Android phones. If you really enabled the Anti-theft protection in your phone, then there is no way that Norton MS will allow you to use different SIM except proper authentication. So make sure that Norton Mobile security will allow you to use any SIM on the phone. However if you think that it is a bug, then i think removing it from the phone is the only option to make it correct