Thread: System Check malware partially removed

System Check malware partially removed

Guys I need your help. My system is affected by this utility. It throws a lot of error messages like

- "Hard drive clusters are partly damaged"
    - "Windows OS can't detects a free hard drive space. hard drive error."

Now whenever I go to check the files in the task manager all the files started to disapper. Now idont understand why is that happening? I have scanned my system with the malware bytes and still it is reporting em these kind of problems. My Explorer.exe is trying to contact various unwanted sites and also while I am browsing various sites in my browser the page does gets automatically redirected to a particular page whose name I don’t want to mention over here. now what else can I try over here. guys I want your help to help me get rid out of this problem. Please reply something guys.

Re: System Check malware partially removed

I would advise you to download ComboFix in your desktop. If you have any other antivirus programs that is there in your system close it and if possible uninstall it as well. close all the running programs in your system while you are scanning with the ComboFix. Whatever permissions it is asking during the scanning process do allow them. That’s what you have to do and I am sure it will flush out the system check malware from your system .

I would advise you to first download TDSSKiller and then save it in the desktop. Now run the TDSSKiller.exe file and start scanning the system with the help of that antivirus. Now a rebooting might be required after the scanning, so reboot the system. Now click on that antivirus again and check out for the report of that log file. Basically if you check the c: then you will be able to find the TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt file there. Just copy that and paste it over here then only we would be able to analyze as if where was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer22 View Post
    I would advise you to first download TDSSKiller and then save it in the desktop. Now run the TDSSKiller.exe file and start scanning the system with the help of that antivirus. Now a rebooting might be required after the scanning, so reboot the system. Now click on that antivirus again and check out for the report of that log file. Basically if you check the c: then you will be able to find the TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt file there. Just copy that and paste it over here then only we would be able to analyze as if where was the problem.
    I did exactly as what you have suggested but sadly I was not able to find the log file of the TDSSKiller. Anyways I tried scanning with the TDSSKiller let’s see what improvements are there in it. Thanks for the suggestion from your side.

Ok here I have got a solution for you, just download the Gparted mind you it is an iso file. Burn the iso file In the CD.
    - Now set the CD-Rom as first boot device.
    - Just press enter.
    - Now you will be able to see two black screens much ike command prompts don’t pay much heed just press enter.
    - Now you will be able to go to the GUI screen
    - Now it appears to me that a small partition is there in your system which is being governed by the malware. You need to delete it. Click on that icon and send it to trash.
    - Select apply.
    - Now just check if boot is there next to your OS drive or not? Now if it is there then you are almost done.
    - In case if it is not there then right click on the OS drive under "Flags", right click on the drive and select Manage Flags. A menu will appear in front of you select the boot option. A boot icon should appear now near the os drive.
    - Click on the exit button. Now a small pop up will appear. Select on reboot.

Have you tried working in the safe mode or not? If not then you should definitely try it once. Do give it a try for sure.