Thread: Is norton 360 the best antivirus?

Is norton 360 the best antivirus?

Hello friends, i have recently bought a new system and i am willing to install best antivirus for it. My friends have suggested me to use Norton 360 saying that it is the best antivirus for now.I just wanted to know if that's true or i have some better option than it??? Help regrading this will be appreciated.

Re: Is norton 360 the best antivirus?

Yes norton 360 is best and is quite worth. I would suggest you to got for it, If you want than you can get a copy of $17 for 1 year for 3 users. I have bought it in same deal and have installed it in my pc and 2 laptop's.

I have had bad experience with norton 360, it wasn't able to detect antivirus properly. I really dont think that it is safe or worth getting it. Instead i will suggest you to go for Microsoft Security Essentials, it's one of the best antivirus out there. Since Microsoft Security Essentials is from Microsoft, i think that it will protect your operating system to the fullest. I have been using it from years and i dont have any single complain regarding it.

Vai!jayi a better idea to find out the best antivirus will be checking out AV-Comparatives website, You can check out the comparison and find out the bets one yourself. I also wanted to suggest you that getting paid version of any antivirus directly wont be a better idea. Rather if they provide trial or free version of their product, you can use it for a month and switch to it later once you find yourself satisfied.

I would suggest you to go for Avira AntiVir Personal Edition, it is my personal choice through my experience. It's provides best protection against virus threats, spyware and rootkit. It's not resource hungry at all, it performs quite better compared to other known antiviruses. We are having it installed in 30 pcs at my office and none of my mates have complained about it.

Yes norton 360 is best, i wanted to share that i have used other popular antiviruses like BitDefender, Kaspersky and Nod32 but norton was most effective compared to them all. I had raised same topic in other forum some months ago and most of experts had suggested me norton. It's been more than 4 months and i haven't faced any issue in installing update, dealing with any spyware/ malware etc.

I would say that Norton 360 works just fine, but good as compare to the other antivirus works, if you wanted to have best then i would say that you go for Kaspersky and BitDefender, both of them are good but only problem is that they take lot of the resources.

I agree to you Badrinath but Norton is resource hungry as well, i have used its trial version some months ago. Whenever i used to run a through scan my system used to get damn slow and i had to wait for the scan to get completed or sop it to get back it's performance to normal. Juts because of that thing, ive uninstalled Norton 360 and have switched to avast, i find it better,light and efficient.