Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Norton Antivirus stays in Turn off mode even after restarting MacBook Pro

AntiVirus Software

Old 19-01-2012

Norton Antivirus stays in Turn off mode even after restarting MacBook Pro

Currently I am using the Norton for Mac in my Macbook Pro. It was running well till the yesterday?s update. From today onwards when I restart my Macbook Pro, the Antivirus does not seems to be turn on by own. How many times I restart my device, it always in the turn off mode. I have to enable it manually every time after the restart. What should I do to keep this ON?

Old 19-01-2012

Re: Norton Antivirus stays in Turn off mode even after restarting MacBook Pro

I think that for this issue you might need to manually run LiveUpdate. The problem might have arisen due to the software update. Either it is not completely updated otherwise the update file is broken. So make sure that your antivirus is up to date. Go through the setting properly. Make sure that the Norton is in the Startup list of Mac.
Old 19-01-2012

Everyone know that the Norton is not playing well with the Apple, I mean Mac OS X. The issue has been discussed by many people. Many people experience some unknown problem which they haven?t seen in windows also.
Old 19-01-2012

First thing you need to check in your Macbook Pro is whether there is any app or any services in OS X that is blocking your Antivirus to Turn on. While you were installing the antivirus, the installer might have asked you to choose few options like Run the software at start up or enable at start up or something like that. If you have not checked the box, then the system surely not goanna Enable it upon restart. But this settings can be changes in the Norton
Old 20-01-2012

Before the issue was about LiveUpdate of Norton and Symantec. It was not working on Mac. Later the Symantec solved the problem by providing the updated installer. Those who are getting problem with the LiveUpdate, they will need to get the updated installer

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Tags: , , , , ,