Thread: Exclusion and the false positive feature is not working in avast

Exclusion and the false positive feature is not working in avast

I have been using avast in my machine and I have recently updated it but now the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to visit a webforum as avast is detecting a malware.I am quite sure that those forums are safe and I have been visiting them regularly from a long time and i never had any problem before. I have tried to put those forums in the exclusions but it's still not allowing me , it seems that the Exclusion feature itself is not working. This problem has arisen after the update, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: Exclusion and the false positive feature is not working in avast

I have been using avast in my machine and I have recently updated it but then the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to visit a webforum as avast is detecting a malware.I am quite sure that those forums are safe and I have been visiting them regularly from a long time and i never had any problem before. I have tried to put those forums in the exclusions but it's still not allowing me , it seems that the Exclusion feature itself is not working. This problem has arisen after the update, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?
    I think that I can help you out here because I was facing the same a week ago but then I have solved the same now, You really don’t have to worry much about it and the only thing that you will have to do is just updating your VPS and after that you will not have the same and you will be able to get in to the forums that are safe without any problem.

Hey thanks for that quick reply I have really solved the issue now by just updating the VPS, I was not aware of the same before and I was thinking that there is some serious issue with the avast. Anyways I am happy that I have finally solved it out with you help, I really appreciate it.

Hey even I need some help regarding the same, I mean that I work for a company and I was able to log in to its site http://www.indiagarage.com/forum.php from home using my computer before but then after installing the avast I am not able to visit the same as it gives me a false virus alert for vbs:Malware-gen. Even I have tried to add it to the exclusions but then I am still getting the alert when I am trying to visit it. I have also tried to update the VPS as well but then it is not making any difference. I don’t think that I have missed anything, so any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you should try to update the VPS to 111209-1 and it should probably fix your issue as well, just try to do the same and then let me know if it is working for you or not.

I have solved my problem as well I have just updated the VPS to 111209-1 and now I am not having the same problem and now I am able to visit the site that I needed, Thanks for the same.