Thread: My Gmail account is infected with virus

My Gmail account is infected with virus

Hey friends, I am in a bit problem as I m not able to access my gmail account. I think that are lots of virus in my account. My friends receive mail from my account which I haven’t sent. I think that this is all because of virus. But, still I don’t have solution. If anyone having any solution then please let me know. I don’t know as I am not able to access my contact lists from Gtalk. I don’t know where the problem is. I tried to solve it but still I was not able to do so. If anyone is having any solution than please let me know.

Re: My Gmail account is infected with virus

I think that you need to change your password. I am finding any virus problem in your account. The solution to your problem is that you need to change your password. This is because your password would be cracked by someone and he/she is using your account without your knowledge. So, you need to change your password in order to get accesses to your gmail account. It is easily possible first go in Settings there you will find Accounts and which you will have an option Import where you will notice that Google Account Settings is there and you will find that there is a option Change Password. Make sure that you select a secured password so that it is not repeated again.

I also agree to this point that there is no virus in your system. But I will suggest you do some changes which are quite necessary when such things happen. So, first step is that you need to go in Settings but over here you need to go in General section and then in Signature one more important thing to note is that you should add anything in it. I think this will help you get access to your mail account.

I don’t agree completely as the solution is not fully provided. If you want to rid of this solution then you need to go in settings where in you have again go in General section and then there you will find a option Vacation Responder. The most important point to note is that you have make it disabled and also make sure that it is empty. I can assure you that after this you won’t be having any problem in account. You will be able access your account easily.

Well, I think you also need to check whether there is any email theft or not. In order to avoid it you should go in settings where you will find an option as Accounts and Import. In which there you will find an option as send mail as. Make sure that you are using the correct email address for mailing. You should also see that in settings there is an option as filters which does not filters or deletes any kind of emails. There is still an option in settings as Forwarding and POP/IMAP where in you need to click and then there you will find an option as IMAP Access which you need to disabled it

It would also help if one does backup of Gmail to our PC which can then be restored back to Google account in case someone hacks our account.

Try doing this
    which is free for personal use.