Thread: How to Block the Fun Web Products bot

How to Block the Fun Web Products bot

Hello guys, I have my own web blog and I usually keep checking its traffic. Recently i found that my web blog traffic has been drawn by because of Fun web Product Mozilla User Agent. I was using 5 GB Bandwidth but now I am seeing that it has crossed 9 GB Bandwidth.I have also observer that the traffic is due to the Fun Web product User Agent. So please suggest me to how I can stop / block the Fun Web Products bot from my web blog. Please advice something to me. Thank you.

Re: How to Block the Fun Web Products bot

There are many bot remover you will get, but it better you hire any computer person you can check and fix the problem of yours. As you can’t trust on the software which is available on the internet they are safe or not.

I would first congrats for the increase of your bandwidth. :p
    Actually the Bad bots do harm your website and other things in many such ways.
    • Some bots are been designed just to scrape the content of the webpage, such that copy and paste the content.
    • Even they have made to eat the bandwidth of your webpage and you have to pay for the bandwidth.
    • If the bots are troubling you often enough then, they are just choking your webpage bandwidth and also it stops the real visitors from accessing your webpage.
    • They also make changes in the log file of your webpage, it is good for you to check it daily and check that it is not repeating in every line of the log.

There is a way which I can provide you to provide the security from the bots, go to the control panel, in the control panel go to the IP Deny Manager Panel, in that you just specify the IP addresses in it, so the following IP addresses will be blocked or it be deny from your log.

If you try to block or deny the IP addressed then you will still get the bots on your log and webpage, as the problem is that the Fun Web Products have many IP addresses in a large numbers, so you cannot block all of them. Well there is also another to block the bots with the name and also there are couple of ways for blocking the bots. But the simplest way to block the bots is by using the .htaccess file for it. Even though .htaccess file is just a file, which also change the settings on the server and also allows doing many other things, the popular thing which is it enable you to make your own 404 error page on the web.

Thank you for the suggestion and advice, will some of the methods, also let it know that it has worked for me or not.