Thread: Computer Infected From Optical Media

Computer Infected From Optical Media

I think that I have some problem. I own a DVD which has absolutely got a Trojan. However I’m thinking that an optical media (DVD/CD) doesn’t infects a PC in the similar method like a pen drive or flash drive. AS far as I know that an infected flash drive will attempt to bypass the virus/Trojan to computer immediately it is plugged in. Alternatively, an optical media similar to DVD will surpass on a Trojan toward a computer only while the contaminated file or the directory holding the infection is opened. Is this true?

Re: Computer Infected From Optical Media

In my opinion I can say that it is pretty much right that the virus will immediately infect from pendrive when it is connected to the computer. If the Trojan is on the disk media, it will stay behind there, except as you recognize the optical drive intended for the most fraction (save you have it settled up or else) will establish to auto load on one occasion you shut the drawer. If it is inside a solitary directory, which will not stop it from executing while you begin the application or launching the file.

There are some antivirus software and some third party software which will protect the system from the viruses and Trojans which are going to effect from some external sources like LAN storage, pen drive, portable HDD and CD/DVD. But they will not able to clean virus or malwares from those sources. However if you are using the external portable HDD and pendrive then the antivirus software but you cannot clean the virus or Trojan from the optical media.

The Virus or Trojan will only going to infect to your computer from the CD/DVD when you open the infected file or copy it to your computer. Sometime even if you just autoload the disk or open the disk then also there might be chance of infection. But the Pendrive acts as different. Here you don’t need to do anything. The infection will happen right away when you contact to the USB port. You don’t need to auto run or open. Some antivirus will block several virus but they will not 100% protect it.

Comparing to the Pendrive the Optical media is the safe method. The virus which are written on the optical media will not going to infect easily to your computer if you have a good and updated antivirus software. If you don’t have then there is no guarantee that your computer is safe. But in Pendrive even if you have a good antivirus or security program there is no guarantee that your computer can block the attack from there.